If you believe in the proverb “slow and steady wins the race” then you also prefer walking as one of the ideal exercises to lose weight. However, lately this tried and tested weight loss method has been overrated. Ignorance is another reason that walking is overlooked. Hence, let’s look at how to make the most of your walking to lose weight.
In this busy mechanical life, our physical movement has become limited as we are spending most of the hours at workplace. Walking is further checked off because of technological advancements such as advent of online shopping and home delivery options. Gone are the days when people used to be physically active and that by definition kept them healthy and controlled their weight. These following walking tips can actually help you in regaining your activeness, thereby helping in your weight loss regime. Continue reading!
1. Take long strolls. If workout regime doesn’t motivate you much then you can simply go for long relaxing walks. Such long strolls will help you in gaining stamina and also keep you from getting exhausted quickly. If your office is within a walking distance then try going to office by walking instead of taking an auto or driving. Alternative option is you can go for a long relaxing walk in the evening after having your dinner.
2. Walk your kid to school. Your kid’s school is nearby then walk your child to school. The brisk walk on daily basis helps burn off your fat and calories. Besides, you also get fresh air in the morning that keeps you active for rest of the day.
3. Prefer walking to do your errands. Instead of using a public transport, prefer walking to run errands such as for grocery shopping and pick clothes from laundry. Walking can be bit time consuming but it is certainly a good way to burn calories at a steady rate.
4. Plan out your walking regime. If you are unable to walk around while doing errands, then plan and go for a brief 30 minute walk on the roof of your building complex.
5. Go for a power walk. After you are used to your brisk walking for over a month and you’ve gained stamina, you can start going for power walks three times a week. A power walk burns 400 calories per hour that helps in losing weight.
Hope you found th on how to make the most of your walking to lose weight useful!