It’s time for another Austin Sports Medicine 101 class!
Dr. Pyron and her team are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of concussions, heat related injuries, musculoskeletal injuries, wound care, and any other medical problems which arise during or complicate athletic performance.
The care provided by Dr. Pyron’s athletic care network begins with a pre-participation exam that includes a physical and a baseline concussion and balance evaluation to establish a “normal” baseline for the athlete. Having a baseline concussion test on file helps in the event an athlete sustains a head injury because Dr. Pyron uses the baseline to evaluate, manage, and treat the new injury. She will also use this information to gauge when it is safe for an athlete to return to activity. The rehab teams including Physical Therapy and Athletic Training professionals consult with Dr. Pyron on a regular basis to align with industry best practices and to provide high quality care.The athletic care network extends beyond the clinic by providing Athletic Trainers for on the field medical coverage at practice, games, and tournaments.
Medicine in Motion Events has provided Team Physician services for the following organizations:
- University of Texas Men’s Rugby
- University of Texas Women’s Rugby
- University of Texas Women’s Soccer
- Hill Country Christian School
- McNeil High School Boys Lacrosse
- University of Texas Men’s Soccer
- University of Texas Women’s Lacrosse
- University of Texas Men’s Lacrosse
- St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School